An RV thermostat monitors the unit’s interior ambient temperature and “tells” the heating and cooling systems to turn on or off so the RV maintains the set temperature you select.
RV thermostats operate on a 12-volt DC system, where a residential unit works on around a 27-volt AC system, so they are not interchangeable. Sensors within the thermostat flip a switch when it reaches a trigger temp, so its location within your RV is critical for overall heating or cooling comfort.
Common Reasons You Need an RV Thermostat
To keep the RV at the temperature you desire. Without a thermostat, you’d have to manually operate the air conditioner or a space heater to control the temperature.
A thermostat will maintain a setting without supervision, so you can leave the RV and come back to a warm or cool environment.
To prevent waste of propane or electricity. Some heaters or air conditioners will run continually, using up power, until you shut them off.
Smart thermometers allow you to monitor your RV from your phone so you can be alerted to malfunctions. These thermometers can give you peace-of-mind when you leave the RV for extended lengths of time.
To replace a broken or outdated model. Old thermostats can malfunction and set off the air conditioner or heater when it isn’t necessary, leading to too cold or hot RV interiors and a waste of energy.
Common Benefits for Using an RV Thermostat
Maintains the RV interior temperature without you having to always open or shut windows or manually adjust the air conditioner or heater settings.
Saves money on electricity charges or propane fills, as it turns off the heating or cooling when it’s not needed. Running out of propane gas in the midst of a cold night due to a malfunctioning thermostat that won’t shut down the furnace is an all-to-common problem RVers hate.
A constant temperature is more comfortable for RV occupants. Grabbing for a fan or blankets off and on all day is annoying.
Want to Connect With a Community of Over 1,078 RV Enthusiasts?
Will maintain the interior temperature even when you’re not in the RV. Knowing your RV is safely cool or warm allows you to leave pets while running errands or seeing some sights.
Many offer fault control, which will turn off the system if it senses a dangerous issue like wiring getting too hot or a stuck sensor that won’t switch as it should.
Top Brands With a Strong Reputation
Coleman RV Thermostats come in both digital or manual versions to match existing or new RV heating and cooling systems.
Dometic is an industry leader for reliable and tech-advanced RV thermostats that can replace an original model or upgrade to an easier-to-read and program digital model.
Best RV Thermostat
The below are our recommendations for the top RV thermostats.
- 1.It is compatible with select Mach 15 Series, Mach 3 PLUS Series,…
- 2.Use this thermostat can be more convenient to control your RV’s air…
- 3.Easy to install, only need to install in accordance with the…
- 4.Please confirm whether the model is suitable before buying.
- Package Dimension : 16.5 ” L x 16.5 ” W x 4.5 ” H
- Country of Origin: UNITED STATES
- Model Number : 2250
- Item Package Weight : 10 pounds
- DUO – also available in titanium gray VA-9682DQAT ASIN: B00SWXC7JE…
- Also available in titanium gray VA-9682DQAT ASIN: B00SWXC7JE
- high qualitiy vacuum technology | Quickstop for easy one hand pouring
- 18/8 stainless steel | BPA FREE 1.0 Litre capacity
- 5 years limited warranty
- Smart Thermostat: This underfloor heating thermostats has 2 modes to…
- APP Remote Control: Smart control of the thermostat is achieved…
- Esay to Install: Our underfloor heating Works with all of existing…
- Voice Control: This thermostats works with Alexa, Google Assistant to…
- Please Note: To ensure safety, have a regular electrician install it….
- 【Efficient and Easy-to-Use】Our non programmable thermostat is…
- 【Single-stage thermostat for home 1H/1C】Compatible with central…
- ⚠️【Notice: does not work electric baseboard heat (120/240V) or…
- 【Large Display】Our home thermostat for ac and heating features a…
- 【Separate Heating and Cooling Swing Setting】Our digital thermostat…
"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."
-- Andre Gide