An RV furnace is a forced-air system, similar to residential heaters. Ductwork within the RV floors or ceilings delivers the warm air throughout the camper.
The difference with RV furnaces is that they may need an electronic ignition, typically by using the 12V system, and the unit will run off of propane gas held in tanks inside a compartment of your RV.
Common Reasons You Need an RV Furnace
To warm the RV from front to back, and not just a single small area as you get with a space heater.
To offset random cold nights in naturally warm regions, say wintertime in Florida, so RV guests stay comfortable.
To keep pets warm while you are away from the RV, so you don’t have to worry they are under stress.
To warm the camper when electricity isn’t available, which makes off-grid camping more accessible and comfortable.
Common Benefits for Using an RV Furnace
Allows RV camping in regions that would otherwise be too cold to visit without a furnace to keep occupants warm.
Allows warmth during off-grid camping where shore power isn’t available, as many systems run off propane and only need a short burst of 12-volt power to ignite the burner.
Reliable and safe method to heat the RV over electric space heaters that could tip over and cause burns or fires.
Disperses heat through vents around the RV, so all areas are warmed evenly, instead of space heaters that only warm the immediate area and leave outlying areas cold.
Propane is a cheaper fuel source than electricity, which means you can save money on metered RV stays that many campgrounds charge.
Top Brands With a Strong Reputation
Suburban is a top brand that delivers consistent reliability in furnace systems made specific to RVs’ needs, including durable builds.
Dometic is another RV specific brand that makes replacements easy, as they fit exactly like the original units but are more efficient.
Best RV Furnance
How Does RV Troop Select the Best?
The folks behind RV Troop believe that actual, real-world experience provides the best measure of a product’s value. We also believe there’s value in product sales data — real figures that determine what real people are spending their hard-earned money on.
The below are our recommendations for the top RV furnances.
- 2 in 1 heater fan: This ceramic heater provides two heat levels, 1500W or 750W and one cool air fan, you can use it both for winter and summer. Thermostat control of the heater will turn the heater off when it reaches a preset temperature and turn the heater back on when the temperature dips below the thermostat setting. It will cycle on and off. Adjust the setting of thermostat from 0℉ to 158℉ to keep room comfortable
- Multi protection safety system: These heaters are made of flame retardant material avoiding any fire hazard. Automatic safety shutoff system will shut the heater off when the heater overheat. The tip over protection system will also shut the heater off when the heater was knocked over by accident and it will come back on automatically if it is up righted
- Compact and powerful: 8.3 inch x 6.3 inch x 4 inch, 2.2 pounds Portable mini heater with build in carry handle helps to reinforce the potential of rather low electrical bills by using at the place where you need when you don't want to warm the full house with other centralized heaters
- Quiet and fast heating: The noise this ceramic heater makes is lower than 45 decibels, quiet enough for most people to use in a bedroom while sleeping. With PTC ceramic heating tech and high speed fan, this heater put out tons of heat to heat up 200 square feet in seconds
- Upgrade abs material: Upgrade abs material applied, which is more flame resident. The room heater with six feet lead cord and 2 prong connection has a long lasting life