An RV shower is no different than a residential shower, except most have much smaller dimensions to save on interior space. Most RV showers are molded fiberglass, with a pan shape that can be square, rectangle, quarter-round, or neo-angle.
Some RV showers have a bathtub base that is way shorter in length than one in your house. Forty-two inches is a standard length tub, and the showerhead is nearly always detachable to make rinsing easier in such a small space.
All RV showers drain into a holding tank that you need to periodically empty in a designated sewer line at campgrounds or dump stations.
Common Reasons You Need an RV Shower
To clean up after a fun and tiring day of hiking, swimming, or sightseeing, so you feel refreshed.
To rinse off dirt, so your RV stays cleaner inside.
To wash clothes if your RV doesn’t have a washer and there’s no laundromat nearby.
To bathe your pet while camping.
Installing an outdoor RV shower allows you to wash camping gear, rinse mud or sweat off pets, or keep excessive moisture out of the RV on already hot, humid days.
Common Benefits of Using an RV Shower
Having an RV shower allows you to wash off daily sweat and dirt that can build up inside your camper on the furniture, carpets, and bedding, making it look old and worn.
The shower can double as a free make-shift washing machine, letting you clean dirty clothes when no other options are available.
RV showers are ideal for washing a pet while on the road, so you can keep their fur clean and smelling fresh without having to locate, drive to, and pay for grooming service.
RV shower built-ins or add-ons for outdoor use make it much easier to wash up your person, pet, camp gear, or dishes without dragging a mess inside your camper.
Want to Connect With a Community of Over 1,078 RV Enthusiasts?
RV showers can double as extra storage space for bulky items during travel, such as lawn chairs, patio plants, umbrellas, or pool floats.
Top Brands With a Strong Reputation
Lippert knows RVers and makes solid-coated fiberglass and lightweight yet super-strong ABS showers with pans with an integrated non-slip surface to help prevent falls. Shapes and sizes are ideal for new installs or replacement of old units.
ProFlo makes heavy-duty RV showers made of composite materials, ideal for larger RVs that can handle the extra weight.
ICON is another RV brand that focuses on light yet solid ABS shower material. Prices are affordable, and the units lower the RV weight and any chances of cracks or deformation from road-travel stress.
Best RV Shower
How Does RV Troop Select the Best?
The folks behind RV Troop believe that actual, real-world experience provides the best measure of a product’s value. We also believe there’s value in product sales data — real figures that determine what real people are spending their hard-earned money on.
The below are our recommendations for the top RV showers.
- ✅ RV / Camper handheld shower head with hose and on off switch (small water flow), included all necessary accessories
- ✅ Water saving shower head with bigger switch, easy to control the spray from high to small to save water ( ≤ 0.35 GPM)
- ✅ 59-inch double-connectors kink-free shower hose, shower hose guide ring are customized for Campers, Motorhomes, Vans and Travel Trailers
- ✅ Durable construction 3-position shower head holder is best for RVs small shower space for freeing your hands.
- ✅ 1-Year Guarantee or Your Money Back. Awelife showers are manufactured under the highest USA standards of quality and workmanship, tested to the highest USA standards of performance.
- ✅ Awelife Super-Power RV shower head with hose come with 3-Function handheld shower head provides our new SuperPower technology for saving water.
- ✅ SuperPower technology reduces water consumption while keeping high pressure even at low water pressure, leaving more water in your tank.
- ✅ High pressure and water saving 3 sprays: SuperPower, Massage and Mix Spray.
- ✅ Awesome accessories: adjustable shower head holder(4-position) , 60-inch flexible kink-free hose and hose guide ring. The portable shower kit is great for using in small space like RV or boats.
- ✅ Easy to install. 1-year warranty. Awelife Shower Heads are manufactured under the highest US standards of quality and workmanship, tested to the highest US standards of performance.
- Innovative Design: This RV shower head has an appealing geometric square plate with an elegant matte black finish. And up to 90 self-cleaning nozzles to provide powerful water flow. It is an amazing and refreshing shower experience to has so much holes to rinse your body at the same time, let you enjoy a spa-like and water-saving shower.
- Water Saving Stop Button: The water flow will be shut off completely by internal flow blocking technology, do not need to set the temperature again and can wake up your shower head very soon, which is prompt-operated and convenient. After use, DO NOT press the PAUSE button but turn off the faucet for safety.
- Superior Quality: This camper shower head is made of light-weight while durable ABS plastic, which is ideal for motorhome, 5th wheel, trailer, and camper. 60" matter black PVC kink-free hose, hose guide ring and 3-positin bracket to a large extend offer a most fantastic shower with limited space.
- One Stop Package: All accessories are included, 60" double-connector kink-free PVC shower hose, shower hose ring with screws and plugs, and 3-position shower head holder are especially customised for travel trailer, Van and boat.
- 1-Year Guarantee: As RV shower head NO.1 best seller, Awelife shower head are manufactured and tested under the highest USA standard of quality and workmanship with budget, will meet your expectation.
"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."
-- Andre Gide