An RV shower is no different than a residential shower, except most have much smaller dimensions to save on interior space. Most RV showers are molded fiberglass, with a pan shape that can be square, rectangle, quarter-round, or neo-angle.
Some RV showers have a bathtub base that is way shorter in length than one in your house. Forty-two inches is a standard length tub, and the showerhead is nearly always detachable to make rinsing easier in such a small space.
All RV showers drain into a holding tank that you need to periodically empty in a designated sewer line at campgrounds or dump stations.
Common Reasons You Need an RV Shower
To clean up after a fun and tiring day of hiking, swimming, or sightseeing, so you feel refreshed.
To rinse off dirt, so your RV stays cleaner inside.
To wash clothes if your RV doesn’t have a washer and there’s no laundromat nearby.
To bathe your pet while camping.
Installing an outdoor RV shower allows you to wash camping gear, rinse mud or sweat off pets, or keep excessive moisture out of the RV on already hot, humid days.
Common Benefits of Using an RV Shower
Having an RV shower allows you to wash off daily sweat and dirt that can build up inside your camper on the furniture, carpets, and bedding, making it look old and worn.
The shower can double as a free make-shift washing machine, letting you clean dirty clothes when no other options are available.
RV showers are ideal for washing a pet while on the road, so you can keep their fur clean and smelling fresh without having to locate, drive to, and pay for grooming service.
RV shower built-ins or add-ons for outdoor use make it much easier to wash up your person, pet, camp gear, or dishes without dragging a mess inside your camper.
RV showers can double as extra storage space for bulky items during travel, such as lawn chairs, patio plants, umbrellas, or pool floats.
Top Brands With a Strong Reputation
Lippert knows RVers and makes solid-coated fiberglass and lightweight yet super-strong ABS showers with pans with an integrated non-slip surface to help prevent falls. Shapes and sizes are ideal for new installs or replacement of old units.
ProFlo makes heavy-duty RV showers made of composite materials, ideal for larger RVs that can handle the extra weight.
ICON is another RV brand that focuses on light yet solid ABS shower material. Prices are affordable, and the units lower the RV weight and any chances of cracks or deformation from road-travel stress.
Join 500+ Passionate RVers and Get Our Best Stuff Before Anyone Else!
Best RV Shower
How Does RV Troop Select the Best?
The folks behind RV Troop believe that actual, real-world experience provides the best measure of a product’s value. We also believe there’s value in product sales data — real figures that determine what real people are spending their hard-earned money on.
The below are our recommendations for the top RV showers.
- Powerful Oxygenic setting amplifies existing water pressure and widens coverage
- Easily control the flow of water with the push of a button
- Designed to achieve maximum performance with tank size and pressure limits
- 60″ hose for hard-to-reach places and easy clean up
- Limited lifetime against clogging or performance failures of any kind
- ✅ RV / Camper handheld shower head with hose and on off switch (trickle), included all necessary accessories
- ✅ Water saving shower head with bigger on/off switch, easy to control the spray from high to small, trickle ( ≤ 0.38 L/min)
- ✅ 58-inch double-connectors kink-free shower hose, shower hose guide ring are customized for Campers, Motorhomes, Vans and Travel Trailers
- ✅ Durable construction 2-position shower head holder, screws and plugs included
- ✅ 1-Year Guarantee or Your Money Back. Awelife showers are manufactured under the highest USA standards of quality and workmanship, tested to the highest USA standards of performance.
- PORTABLE OUTDOOR WATER HEATER – Innovative System Runs on Propane Gas Tank to Heat Water for Showering, Washing Dishes, Cleaning Hands & Other Tasks
- COMFORTABLE CAMPSITE SHOWERS – Includes Water Temperature Control Knob, Hand Faucet/Spigot & Shower Head Attachment w/  Adjustable Spray Patterns
- PUMP & HEAT ON-THE-GO – Connect AC/DC Adapter to Outlet or 12V Cigarette Lighter to Car for Instant Hot Water; Perfect for Camping, Fishing, Hiking & Hunting
- AUTOMATIC SAFETY SHUTOFF – Smart Technology Turns Off the Gas Burner When Water Reaches 125°F; Water Flow Sensor & Fuse & Tilt Protection for Added Safety
- CONVENIENT COMPACT DESIGN – Travel Friendly Heater Arrives With Adapters, Hoses, Attachments & Accessories in a Handy Carry Bag [Propane Not Included]
"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."
-- Andre Gide