Manufactures make RV TV’s to survive the constant bumps and vibration of travel without breaking the screen or having wires wiggle loose.
RV televisions will have a built-in antenna that turns on or off, depending on if the campground offers a cable hookup or you will be pulling in local stations.
The sizes of RV TVs go from small, countertop versions to wide-screen models to watch the big game. Most RV televisions are under 30-inches due to limits on open wall space and the proximity to the viewer, which is much closer than in a house.
Reasons Why You Need an RV TV
RV TVs allow you to track local weather or watch your favorite shows or sports. The antenna can pull in local channels without having to pay for campground cable.
RV TVs have a long lifespan and are less prone to break over residential units. Many RV owners find they need to upgrade older model TVs for looks more than for function.
When you don’t have a satellite or cable connection, you can still watch DVDs for entertainment, or stream from your computer, as many RV televisions have integrated DVD players or connection ports.
RV TVs offer anti-glare screens, making it easier to watch in the often sunny RV interiors due to their being so many windows.
RV televisions can withstand temperature and humidity extremes without corrosion or cracking. Residential televisions can quickly malfunction in the ever-changing weather conditions found inside an RV during travel, camping, and storage.
Benefits of Using an RV TV
RV TVs last longer because they have such a durable build, so you save money on fewer replacements. Residential TVs can break on the first hard bump you take while on the road.
When inclement weather keeps you inside, the TV provides entertainment either through cable or local channels or a movie player or streaming service.
You can mount units in the living room and a bedroom so two people can watch different programming. Mounting a television outside the RV, say inside a basement compartment, allows you to watch programming from your patio, which is great for tailgating parties.
The TVs are lightweight, so you reduce the stress on your RV framing and are pre-mounted, so you don’t have the hassles of looking for studs strong enough to hold up a residential TV.
Some RV TVs work strictly on a 12V system, so you can plug it into your 12V outlets and run it off your RV battery bank when shore power is not available. These models are especially helpful in keeping track of dangerous weather conditions.
Top Brands With a Strong Reputation
Jensen offers a range of quality RV TVs to suit any need that lasts for years of trouble-free use.
Free Signal provides the latest flat-screens to fit any RV space so you can replace older or broken units with more sleek models.
Tyler makes portable 12-volt RV TVs ideal for camping off-grid or as an accessory TV when the whole family is camping and wants to watch different shows.
Join 712+ Passionate RVers
Best RV TV
How Does RV Troop Select the Best?
The folks behind RV Troop believe that actual, real-world experience provides the best measure of a product’s value. We also believe there’s value in product sales data — real figures that determine what real people are spending their hard-earned money on.
The below are our recommendations for the top RV TVs.
- High Definition Entertainment - Enjoy a range of vivid colors and crisp visual details with our 24-inch DVD combo Westinghouse TV. This TV LED backlit screen has reduced motion blur with 720p HD resolution for an immersive viewing experience.
- Built-in DVD Player - Our 24 in TV comes with its very own DVD player. The built-in DVD feature of this 24” TV lets you play movies or shows with true HD images and sounds without the need for extra devices or cords.
- HDMI & USB Compatible - This flat screen HD TV is equipped with all the connectivities required to use your favorite streaming device. It easily supports HDMI, USB, VGA, Digital TV Tuner connectivity, and HD video game consoles for quick, convenient playing.
- Parental Control Features - Monitor what your kids are watching with our TV with DVD player. The built-in V-chip of this TV for bedroom allows parents/guardians to block content based on program ratings and check on the parental guidelines of unfamiliar shows.
- Excellent, Space-Saving Design - The compact, flexible design of this small flat screen TV will fit in any small space from your office, kids’ room, garage, kitchen, or RV (12V inverter required).
- HD 1080p SUPPORT: The LED RV TV features an HD 1920x1080p widescreen hi-res display creating a more expansive spectrum of colors and more realistic picture with a massive 15.6” screen size. Offers 178° vertical, 178° horizontal viewing angles
- WORKS WITH PC: The HD LED TV allows you to stream audio, as well as view image collections easily. The HD TV is compatible and works well with both Mac and PC. It features selectable multi-viewing display modes such as 16:9, 4:3, zoom, and cinema
- MOUNTS ON WALL: Allows you to save space in your home and opt for a clean design with the LED TV monitor. The removable base stand makes mounting to the wall a simple process. Features universal VESA mounting compatibility (75mm x 75mm)
- INPUT/OUTPUT INTERFACE: The HD TV boasts built-in full range stereo speakers. The input interface has included HDMI, CVBS, RCA (L/R) audio, VGA/PC, PC audio, RF (antenna), and output interface - COAX audio, headphones, line out (analogue) audio
- UPGRADED FEATURES: The LED TV screen features a slot-in DVD player, V-chip, closed caption option, top panel button controls & sleep timer functions. Also included in the set is a full function LED TV remote control that includes 2 AAA batteries
"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."
-- Andre Gide