Manufactures make RV TV’s to survive the constant bumps and vibration of travel without breaking the screen or having wires wiggle loose.
RV televisions will have a built-in antenna that turns on or off, depending on if the campground offers a cable hookup or you will be pulling in local stations.
The sizes of RV TVs go from small, countertop versions to wide-screen models to watch the big game. Most RV televisions are under 30-inches due to limits on open wall space and the proximity to the viewer, which is much closer than in a house.
Reasons Why You Need an RV TV
RV TVs allow you to track local weather or watch your favorite shows or sports. The antenna can pull in local channels without having to pay for campground cable.
RV TVs have a long lifespan and are less prone to break over residential units. Many RV owners find they need to upgrade older model TVs for looks more than for function.
When you don’t have a satellite or cable connection, you can still watch DVDs for entertainment, or stream from your computer, as many RV televisions have integrated DVD players or connection ports.
RV TVs offer anti-glare screens, making it easier to watch in the often sunny RV interiors due to their being so many windows.
RV televisions can withstand temperature and humidity extremes without corrosion or cracking. Residential televisions can quickly malfunction in the ever-changing weather conditions found inside an RV during travel, camping, and storage.
Benefits of Using an RV TV
RV TVs last longer because they have such a durable build, so you save money on fewer replacements. Residential TVs can break on the first hard bump you take while on the road.
When inclement weather keeps you inside, the TV provides entertainment either through cable or local channels or a movie player or streaming service.
You can mount units in the living room and a bedroom so two people can watch different programming. Mounting a television outside the RV, say inside a basement compartment, allows you to watch programming from your patio, which is great for tailgating parties.
The TVs are lightweight, so you reduce the stress on your RV framing, and are pre-mounted, so you don’t have the hassles of looking for studs strong enough to hold up a residential TV.
Some RV TVs work strictly on a 12V system, so you can plug it into your 12V outlets and run it off your RV battery bank when shore power is not available. These models are especially helpful in keeping track of dangerous weather conditions.
Top Brands With a Strong Reputation
Jensen offers a range of quality RV TVs to suit any need that lasts for years of trouble-free use.
Free Signal provides the latest flat-screens to fit any RV space so you can replace older or broken units with more sleek models.
Tyler makes portable 12-volt RV TVs ideal for camping off-grid or as an accessory TV when the whole family is camping and wants to watch different shows.
Best RV TV
How Does RV Troop Select the Best?
The folks behind RV Troop believe that actual, real-world experience provides the best measure of a product’s value. We also believe there’s value in product sales data — real figures that determine what real people are spending their hard-earned money on.
The below are our recommendations for the top RV TVs.
- HD QUALITY: The 720p high-definition screen offers an immersive picture and viewing experience. With dynamic brightness settings, this 28” screen delivers a life-like picture. Enjoy vibrant colors and exceptional image quality from every seat with 1366 x 768 resolution, 60Hz refresh rate, 178 degree wide viewing angles, while the 3000:1 contrast ratio creates a quality image with bright whites and deep blacks.
- RV TV: Does not come with feet. Designed to be mounted in RV.
- CLIMATESMART & VIBRATIONSMART: Furrion 28" HD LED TV is built to cope with extreme temperature variations using Furrion's ClimateSmart Technology. The VibrationSmart technology helps the TV and all the internal components and terminals resist or withstand vibration.
- CONNECTIVITY & FEATURES: Features multiple connection points like 3x HDMI, a USB Port, VGA, PC Audio, Component Video Input, AV Input, Headphone Jack, RF antenna for Satellite. The Control panel features buttons like Source, Menu, Channel, Volume and Power for easy control. VESA Mounting pattern: 200mm x100mm supports wall mounting (mounts sold seperately).
- WARRANTY: Furrion TV's are manufactured to the highest quality and industry standards and are backed by Furrion's 1-year warranty.
- Voice remote with Alexa: Use your voice to watch live TV, launch apps, search for titles, play music, switch inputs, control smart home devices, and more.
- Endless Entertainment: Watch over 500,000 streaming movies and TV episodes with access to tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills.
- Access your favorite content: Fire TV Edition seamlessly integrates live over-the-air TV and streaming channels on a unified home screen.
- Smart TV with access to streaming services for countless entertainment options: Stream shows, movies, games and more with the TV's integrated apps.
- Item arrives in packaging that reveals what’s inside and can’t be hidden.