What’s the difference between an RV dehumidifier and a regular (non-RV) dehumidifier?
An RV dehumidifier is the same appliance as you use in a home to pull excessive moisture from the air. A dehumidifier works by drawing air into and over internal coils where moisture condenses on the surface, and the unit captures in a tank.
A fan blows the remaining drier, cooler air back into the room.
The main difference you will find in RV dehumidifiers is the size, as few RVs are large enough to warrant a full-size unit.
Manufacturers make small dehumidifiers ideal for RV use, so you can find the perfect size to keep your RV comfortable.
Common Reasons You Need an RV Dehumidifier
1. All RVs have relatively thin walls and inadequate insulation, which results in a lack of sufficient climate control. When the RV interior gets cool, but you’re parked in a humid region, the moisture levels in the air can condense and cause wet, drippy windows, walls, and ceilings.
2. When you don’t open windows or run fans in the RV, just the occupants’ breathing can also cause condensation build-up.
3. Running a propane heating system also adds a large amount of humidity to the RV.
4. RVs are prone to quick mold and mildew growth, especially when camping in warm regions, so keeping humidity levels low can prevent issues.
5. Showering in an RV is another reason moisture builds, as many bathroom exhaust fans are weak, and the entire space is cramped, so the shower is typically only a few feet from the living areas.
6. Allergens, like dust mites, need at least 65-percent humidity to live, so keeping moisture levels under this number can alleviate irritation.
Common Benefits for Using an RV Dehumidifier
The main reason to use an RV dehumidifier is to stop having to continually wipe up the annoying condensation issue caused by camping in humid regions, running a propane heater, human breath that isn’t getting dispersed, or running showers.
If you leave high humidity inside an RV unchecked, mold will grow fast, and all the water will soak up into the furniture, walls, flooring, and ceiling. Musty smells will permeate the RV, and swelling or popping of walls or flooring can happen. Repairs to fix moisture damage is timely and expensive.
For people suffering from allergies, keeping mold, fungi, mites, and other irritants that thrive in humid conditions from taking over the RV will keep the air fresher and reduce sneezing or runny eyes and noses.
Lower humidity helps people with asthma breathe easier.
A relative humidity level between 30-50 percent is the most comfortable for humans. A dehumidifier lowers humidity to comfortable levels, so you don’t feel muggy or sticky inside the RV.
Top Brands With a Strong Reputation
1. Eva Dry is a top dehumidifier brand specializing in floor or table models to desiccant-style rechargeable units ideal for RVs.
2. Frigidaire makes great dehumidifiers ideal for RV use. Large motorcoaches can run a full-size unit, while more compact floor-models work great in smaller RVs to reduce moisture levels fast.
3. Pro-Breeze caters to RV owners, as their models are small and quiet.
Best RV Dehumidifiers
How Does RV Troop Select the Best?
RV Troop uses product sales-numbers — real figures that determine what people are actually buying — as well as customer-verified reviews to determine the top products in any product niche. In our opinion, there’s no better way to make product recommendations than by showcasing what real people are spending their hard-earned money on.
The below are our recommendations for the top RV dehumidifiers.
- High-Efficiency Work: Small and compact dehumidifier with 16 ounces/ 500 ml capacity tank extracts up to 9 ounces/ 250 ml daily in enclosed and small rooms and spaces.
- Auto-Shut off Function: Compact dehumidifier shut-off automatically when full water. Led would turn Red when the water tank needs draining. Easily removal and back into the dehumidifier.
- Ultra-Quiet& Efficient: Built-in Thermo-Electric Cooling Technology (Peltier) operates without a compressor meaning whisper-quiet operation in bedrooms, bathrooms, and offices. Perfect use at night and a small room.
- Save Space and Portable: It is mini-size, Perfect for removing from your home, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, caravan, garage, closet. Like all mini dehumidifiers, the optimal operating temperature is 59-86°F. It will not work below 41°F.
- Energy Saving: Effective and energy saving with a power only 40W/hour which means using only 0.96kW of electricity after running for 24 hours. It's environmentally friendly and more affordable.
- EASY TO USE: This mini dehumidifier is spill and mess free. Just hang and go! Non-toxic, child and pet safe! Your small rooms will be dry and odor free. Works for areas up to 333 cubic feet
- MINI DEHUMIDIFIER GOES A LONG WAY: Super dry dehumidifier unit lasts 20-30 days before recharging the silica gel beads. Absorbing capacity up to 6oz
- SMALL, SLEEK DESIGN: This portable small design lets you hang or conveniently place the dehumidifier anywhere to fight pesky humidity! Cars, closets, boats, cabinets, gun safes, and even gym bags! A very convenient cool gift for everyone!
- 100% CORDLESS DEHUMIDIFIER: Moisture out: Cords out! No cables or batteries required. Just charge your device and say bye-bye humidity! Renewable and rechargeable moisture absorber. Lasts up to 4 weeks before recharge
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: SUPER DRY ODOR-FREE LIFE! Our dehumidifiers are top quality! Super durable and reliable. Comes with an industry-leading 5 year warranty guarantee so you can get rid of moisture and not worry about mold or leaks!
- High-Efficiency Dehumidification：AUZKIN air dehumidifier uses the Ultra-Quiet Peltier Technology to remove up to 16oz(450ml) of water/day in a humid environment of 86°F and 80% RH. The grid at the air inlet can effectively eliminate tiny objects in the air, creating a comfortable environment for you and your family.
- Whisper Quiet：Use Ultra-Quiet Peltier Technology with no compressor makes dehumidifier lightweight and quiet, noise is less than 39dB, no annoying sound, not affect your work, sleep or study, suitable for use at night and in small spaces.
- Energy-Saving and Convenient：One-button start-up design requires just a touch of a button to start dehumidification. With a power consumption of only 40W/hour, the dehumidifier uses only 0.96kW of electricity after runs continuously for 24 hours, which is more effective, more environmentally friendly, and more money-saving than traditional chemical absorbents.
- Auto Shut Off：AUZKIN Small dehumidifier is programmed to automatically shut off once it has reached rated capacity, and the dehumidifier will flash a red light to remind you that the tank needs to be emptied. Note: Product optimal operating temperature is 41°F-122°F, low temperature will affect the normal use of the product.
- Compact and Portable：This small dehumidifier is of mini size (5.7 x 5.7 x 8.9 inches) and lightweight (2.87lb). You can easily move the dehumidifier to the place wherever you want to. It is a perfect fit for small rooms, wardrobe, and locker. No more humid and moldy annoyance.
- ➤HIGN EFFICIENT DEHUMIDIFICATION -Keep moisture below 50% .Our mini dehumidifiers has 2 air inlets (front and back), which has a great powerful efficiency for removing the moisture in the air. 350ml/day dehumidification feature better than ordinary electric dehumidifier. Fits for area about 165 sq·ft apartment, working at RH80% condition has a significant effect.
- ➤CREATE A HEALTHY & COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT -breath fresh air in your home. According to research, if the moisture in the air above 50% can breed uncomfortable or other health problems.Installing a air dehumidifier can be the best solution!Our dehumidifier for bathroom start work when the humidity more than 50%, it collects moisture from your home’s air before releasing it back to the room. The final product is air that doesn’t make you feel sticky or dry. Your days of humidity are over！
- ➤MUlTI-PURPOSE BUT ULTRA QUEIT - Dehumidifiers for home take excessive water out of the air. This can have a huge impact on the environment in your home during the summer, helps to preventing the peeling of wallpaper, protecting home electronics and music equipment, preserving documents, and keeping sofas, chairs and curtains from smelling.SUPER QUIET DESIGN, noise is below 35dB,runs quiet with no annoying sound,without disturbing your sleep, work or study, perfect for space like bedroom
- ➤EASY TO OPERATE AND PORTABLE - Our safe dehumidifier is designed with only one power button to make it easy for everyone to use.Press the on/off button to start dehumidifying(blue light), then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full(yellow light), at which point our portable dehumidifier will automatically shut-off.Compact and lightweight, it can be carried from the room to the office, or take it to your RV or Camper.
- ➤SMART POWER-OFF AND ENERGY SAVING - equipped with a water level controller, our dehumidifier for bedroom can shut off itself when the controller reaches its max level and the indicator light turns YELLOW to remind you to empty the tank out. Compare to older dehumidifiers,our small dehumidifier use a fan to move air over refrigerated coils, pull water from the air, and drip it into a tank.That means you’ll see savings in operating costs compared with older dehumidifiers!
- Small & Compact: Lightweight, Compact and Portable, Capable of removing up to 9 ounces of water per day with a 16-ounce water tank capacity. Ideal for rooms up to 1200 cubic feet (150 sq ft).
- Auto Shut-Off: When full the dehumidifier will automatically shut off and the LED light will turn-on indicating the water tank needs draining. Simply empty the water tank and place it back into the dehumidifier.
- Ultra-Quiet & Energy Efficient: Whisper quiet operation in bedrooms, bathrooms and offices, at an output of 23W per hour, which means only using 0.55kW after running for 24 hours.
- Removed 9 Ounces of Water/Day: Optimal function in room sizes up to 1200 cubic feet (150 sq ft).
- Lowers Humidity: Perfect for high humidity in your home, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, caravan, garage, closet. Like all mini dehumidifiers, optimal operating temperature is 59-86°F. It will not work below 41°F.